Thursday, December 2, 2010

The places to go.....

All around Atlanta there are great places to look, see, and hear art. Last year, I was fortunate to see A Midsummer Night's Dream at the Shakespeare's Tavern located in Atlanta. I loved the play while reading it but I loved it even more when I got to see the characters interact. I love to go see plays. The difference between plays and movies to me is the emotions involved. I feel that way because plays are live that the emotions are much more stronger unlike movies, where you can take as many takes as the shot needs. I always enjoy going to see plays and dances at the Fox Theater. You can't help but be excited to see the show once you are inside the Fox. The last time I was at the Fox was when I saw the Alvin Ailey Performers. The art of dance is beautiful because it's another way of someone understanding of what art is. The emotions and the movement I see stirs something inside of me and causes me to think differently. I just think that emotions are the key component in understanding art.

No comments:

Post a Comment