Monday, November 1, 2010

My thoughts on the visual essay

The visual essay that we were assigned was actually hard to accomplish. There is so much that we could do for the assignment, but it was really about how you could all put it in one theme. I had a hard time thinking what I was going to talk about and how I was going to convey my theme through my pictures. I understood how difficult it is for photographers to convey what they want to say through their photos.

Everyone did such a great job. I really enjoyed hearing what they had to say about public art and how they incorporated that into themes. The visual essays that really stood out were the ones that were really out of the box. The evolution of the trashcan was probably my favorite just because I wouldn't have ever thought of that idea and the presentation was great. Other good ones had to do with nature and public art and advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment